As the first quarter draws to a close, seniors should pay close attention to the following updates:
College Application Deadlines
While many seniors have begun their college application journeys, few are aware of the timeline. Although there is no nationwide deadline for college applications, here are the deadlines for the 12 universities that make up the Florida State University System:
Priority Deadlines (”hard” deadlines: must apply by deadline to ensure equal-chances review)
- Nov. 1, 2021: University of Florida, Florida State University, New College of Florida
- Dec. 1, 2021: University of West Florida
Rolling Admission Deadlines (space-available: students should apply as soon as possible)
- March 1, 2022: Florida Agricultural & Mechanical University, Florida Polytechnic University
- April 1, 2022: University of South Florida, Florida Atlantic University, Florida International University
- May 1, 2022: University of Central Florida, University of North Florida
- July 1, 2022: Florida Gulf Coast University
Keep in mind that while rolling admissions deadlines are far away, many universities with rolling admissions have Nov. 1 deadlines for their scholarship programs: this means you should apply as soon as possible to ensure you receive the largest possible financial aid package.
Homecoming is fast approaching and will be held at The Venue Fort Lauderdale (2345 Wilton Drive, Wilton Manors). This year’s homecoming game will be on Nov. 5 against Stranahan High School, and the homecoming dance is on November 6 at 7 pm. The dance theme is Studio 1600, based on the famous Manhattan disco nightclub, Studio 54. Tickets are available for FLHS students for $85 from October 9 to October 22. Tickets are available for non-FLHS and FLHS students for $90 from October 23 to October 29.
Purchase tickets at A and B lunch or on the FLHS estore. Masks are required, as well as the signing of a contract.
There are still a number of seats open for Grad Bash at Universal Orlando. Tickets must be purchased on the estore and total $180, which may be paid in two installments of $90 each. The deadlines are as follows;
- Oct. 22: first payment due
- Dec. 10: second payment due